CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

2013~ new year, new blog!

I have been a slacker at blogging. Mostly because our life has turned into same old, same old. Day in, day out stuff. I also update on Facebook, so it seemed silly to also blog. Not sure I have that much to say.


After the tragic shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary in December, the suggestion came up to do 26 acts of kindness in rememberance of the victims. Some people vowed to do those acts within a week, or by the end of the year. I wanted to do this but it was Christmas time and I was completely swamped with my new Vinyl Business ( ). I gave up doing resolutions a few years ago (mostly because I always FAILED), so I decided to do more of a bucket list over the past few years. This year I also chose a word to live by. My word is Generous. Generous with my time, money, spirit and love. I had cards made up to honor the Sandy Hook victims with a variety of random acts of Kindness. My hope is that with each act I do, the person will "pass it on" and we will have a year of lots and lots of generous acts of kindness.Of course, I will never actually know if others participate, I can only hope. Since I wanted a way to document my acts, I decided to come back to my blog to share my year long journey. I also have joined a 365 photo project so this seems like a good place to share that too.
My cards arrived yesterday (I ordered 100!), so I thought that now was a good time to start my journey.

Act #1~ Wrote a note to someone who impacted my life when I was a child. I left a heartfelt message on their FB page, probably not the best way to do it, but it was a spur of the moment. I hope my message was received well.

Act #2~ put $2 in an envelope (with a RAOK card) for each of the kids teachers and left a note that said "Please enjoy a cup of coffee on me. Have a nice day"




Act #3~ Put $1.10 in an envelope (above) and taped it on the lids at the QT.

Act#4 ~ Put $2 in envelopes for my bosses and also told them to have a drink on me.


So simple, yet I hope I made at least one person smile today. It really is addicting. My goal is 26, but I have a feeling, it will exceed this number!!!


I also shared some cards with friends so that they can also spread the joy.

Whew! What a day!

0 comments: